Date:      Mon, 18 Jan 2016 16:27:31 +0000
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        Andreas Longwitz <longwitz@incore.de>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pf not seeing inbound packets coming from IPSec on epair interface

> On 18 Jan 2016, at 16:13 , Andreas Longwitz <longwitz@incore.de> =
wrote:
>=20
> in the situation
>        IPSec --> epair0a --> epair0b
> pf does not see inbound packets on the interface epair0b, because the
> epair driver does not clear the flag PACKET_TAG_IPSEC_IN_DONE when he
> transfers a packet from epair0a to epair0b. The following patch for
> FreeBSD 10 works for me and is adapted from
>   lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-net/2012-January/031161.html:

Where does epair get the packet from?  A physical interface bridged to =
epair?

If anything should clear that;  I guess it=E2=80=99s the bridge =
interface?

Hmm, but then if you are using epairs to cross between network stacks, =
you are changing boundries, indeed, so if you=E2=80=99d run ipsec on a =
single epair between two VNETs, that might be interesting as well?

I guess we=E2=80=99ll need to find a couple of these places (epair, =
bridge, netgraph, =E2=80=A6)  and make sure we strip all of the tags IFF =
we change the VNET?

/bz