Date:      Thu, 30 Oct 1997 02:39:15 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        jlemon@americantv.com (Jonathan Lemon)
Cc:        stt@pluto.cpe.ku.ac.th, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kernel modification

> I can't see why you would want to re-transmit with the original MAC
> address; this would cause arp lookups to fail, among other things.

DECNet requires it, for one thing.  If you want to implement a DECNet
Phase IV (I don't rememebr about Phase V, but I think it's the same),
any "bridge" or routable "tunnel" pretending to be a bridge to get
traffic over a VPN (Virtual Private Net) for disparately located
site *has* to spoof MAC addresses.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---