Date:      Fri, 16 Mar 2001 10:31:40 -0600 (CST)
From:      Rohit Rakshe <rakshe@cs.umn.edu>
To:        <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Remote boot, but not diskless operation

Hello,

I am running FreeBSD 4.1 on an Intel-III box. It is not a diskless
machine, so root fs is still local, but I need to boot kernel over
ethernet.

Reason for such a requirement: I am doing some kernel debugging and it is
relatively quicker (after a panic) to recompile kernel on a server and
reboot the test machine with the kernel on the server.

Currently available info doesn't seem to help me a lot. Any suggestions ?
Thanks a lot !!

- Rohit