Date:      Fri, 18 Sep 1998 09:08:16 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Tom Bylander <bylander@ai.utsa.edu>
To:        aic7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Updated Install/Boot Floppies for redhat 5.1

I have updated images of install and boot floppies for redhat 5.1 at

  http://www.cs.utsa.edu/~bylander/linux/dell-precision.html

As you might guess, I have a Dell Precision, and the floppies work for
my machine.  They are based on kernel version 2.0.34 and aic7xxx
version 5.1.0pre10.  [I've stuck with 2.0.34 because that matches the
redhat 5.1 stuff.]  Other Dell Precision owners have had reasonable
success with a previous version based on 5.1.0pre6.

The new install floppy should work better for other machines.  It now
contains exactly the same modules as the original redhat 5.1 floppy
except for the updated aic7xxx.

BTW, 5.1.0pre10 works well on my Dell.  Actually, 5.1.0pre6 and
5.1.0pre8 also worked well.

Tom Bylander
bylander@cs.utsa.edu