Date:      Fri, 6 Jan 2012 12:47:34 +0000
From:      Melissa Jenkins <melissa-freebsd@littlebluecar.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pf not seeing inbound packets on netgraph interface

>=20
> On Jan 4, 2012, at 12:03 AM, Ermal Lu=E7i wrote:
>=20
>> Can you see if on the enc(4) interface pf(4) sees both side of the =
traffic?
>=20
> I can on enc0. Doing a tcpdump(1) shows me traffic traveling both =
ways. Should there be a pf(4) interface for me to listen on? I've =
listened on pflog(4), and only seen traffic going one way, even when I =
have relevant rules set to "log(all)"
>=20

I had this problem when trying to firewall/NAT traffic from MPD - it =
appeared that MPD inserts the packets directly into the middle of the =
packet flow, without triggering any inbound processing by PF.

IPsec does this correctly if you have set the sysctls as per the man =
page on enc, as does PopTop and ppp (which was my solution to the MPD =
issue)

It didn't matter what firewall rules were configured, and this behaviour =
was present in the 7 branch as well as 8.

Mel=