Date:      Wed, 25 Jul 2012 16:52:07 -0300
From:      joaoBR <joao@matik.com.br>
To:        Olivier Smedts <olivier@gid0.org>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2/3D rendering cards

--Sig_/cWOaMgo3HyyB0tF_Dbz24ta

Em Wed, 25 Jul 2012 18:30:23 +0200
Olivier Smedts <olivier@gid0.org> escreveu:

> 2012/7/25 joaoBR <joao@matik.com.br>:
> > that is 3D or 2D or both?
>=20
> Both.
>=20
> > I am aware of it and missing gallium driver, because same Ati card
> > on Fedora works full 3D and openGL stuff, stable and clean, while on
> > FreeBSD it does xRender only
>=20
> Same for me.

I am pretty sure that my ATI card was allowing KDE to use openGL, that
was before KDE4.8. Then after upgrading I could not enable openGL
anymore, first I blamed KDE but seems there was a xorg upgrade to 7.6
at the same time, so that means that with xorg-7.5 ati still was 2d=20
enabled ... beside 3d was not working

>=20
> > thanks for having answered this, I still appreciate if you could be
> > more specific on the nv/nvidia driver with not commercial driver
>=20
> With nv you won't have 3D, and only parts of 2D accel I think. You may
> have something better with nouveau, but I don't know its actual state
> on "official" ports without using patches or 3rd-party ports.
>=20
>=20

I think WITH_NOUVEAU was removed from xorg-1.10

I will see if I can get a nvidia card and try it out

thank you

--=20

Jo=E3o Martins (JoaoBR)

Infomatik Development Team