Date:      Sun, 05 Aug 2001 20:07:19 +0200
From:      Eric Veraart <eric@monkey-online.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Promise PDC20265 or FastTrak 100

Hello,

I'm still busy finding a motherboard I really like, and now I'm doubting
between 2 boards: The Gigabyte GA-6VXDR7 or the Tyan Tiger LE (S2515).
Both are almost identical, except for the chipset (VIA Apollo Pro Family
AGPset (VT82C694X, VT82C686A) against the ServerWorks ServerSet III LE
chipset), RAID controller (Promise PDC20265 against the FastTrak 100)
and the price ;)
I browsed through the mailinglists, but I couldn't find an answer if the
RAID controllers would work.
I just use it for simple mirroring. Now I never really used RAID under
FreeBSD, so can anyone tell me how I should rebuild the HD if one of
both fails? Or does this go automagicly? (I know, newbie question)

Greetings,
Eric