Date:      Tue, 29 Sep 1998 14:13:22 +1000
From:      Joe Raine <questav@questronix.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Firewall?

Hi,
My company intends to become its own internet provider and I realise that
we have a lot of learning to do! I have had a look at MS NT4 Server with MS
Backoffice, but it costs a bomb and basically crippled an otherwise OK
Pentium 120MHz machine (Boy, did it slow down!!).

I have been getting the FreeBSD newsletters for a while and have to admit
that they go straight over my head on the whole, but some info sticks, so
there's hope for me yet :)

It looks like FreeBSD is fast and efficient. My questions...

1. Is the learning curve horrendous for someone who is only versed in DOS
and Windows?

2. Will there be any compatibility problems integrating a FreeBSD machine
into a Win'95 peer-to-peer network?

3. Does FreeBSD have a firewall built-in or is that available as a
similarly-priced add-on?

4. We want to offer on-line transaction facilities eventually. Is FreeBSD
up to the task, especially in regard to security issues?

5. I would prefer to purchase the CD-ROM version of FreeBSD, is a printed
manual also available?

I apologise in advance if I have asked some questions that might be
answered by browsing your website, but spare time is a scarce commodity for
me just now and I have not had enough of it to browse in a productive manner.

Kind regards,
Joe Raine.

 QUESTRONIX  - Quest Electronics P/L  -  Quest AV
 Please send all Mail to:
 P O Box 548,  WAHROONGA,  NSW,  2076,  AUSTRALIA
   and all Deliveries to:
   2/1 Leonard St, HORNSBY, NSW, 2077,  AUSTRALIA
 Fax (Int'l +61 2) 9477 3681
                    Phone (Int'l +61 2) 9477 3596