Date:      Tue, 4 Feb 2003 20:22:32 -0500
From:      Larry Sica <lomion@mac.com>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Magnus_B=E4ckstr=F6m?= <b@etek.chalmers.se>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dillon@'s commit bit: I object

On Tuesday, February 4, 2003, at 06:28 PM, Magnus B=E4ckstr=F6m wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, Brett Glass wrote:
>> At 12:02 PM 2/4/2003, Larry Sica wrote:
>>> I do not have the expertise to do any hard core programming, does=20
>>> that
>>> mean i therefore should have no say?  What if i write a number of
>>> articles, or am really helpful?  Or maintain hundreds of freebsd
>>> systems?  Does my investment seem less just because I am not a
>>> committer?
>>
>> Exactly. Perhaps a better form of governance would include another
>> (more open and democratic) stratum at the top, which in turn managed
>> teams that did the coding, docs, advocacy, PR, system administration,
>> etc.?
>
> Sketch a structure you believe would work in practice.

That is exactly what i am trying to think about now.  I don't believe=20
in talking the talk w/o walking the walk.  I hope to come up with at=20
least an idea that will be listened to, and at the least maybe generate=20=

some positive discussion.  The issue here, for me, is not so much the=20
loss of Matt, but the way it was handled.

--Larry