Date:      Thu, 3 Apr 2008 18:39:03 +0000 (UTC)
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Johan_Str=F6m?= <johan@stromnet.se>
Cc:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 7 and multiple IP (mijail-patch in 6.x)

--0-2274503-1207247943=:66744

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008, Johan Str=F6m wrote:

Hi,

> I got a machine running 6.2 right now, which is being replaced. And since=
 SMP=20
> performance is much better on 7.x I'd like to go with 7.0 (and many ppl h=
ave=20
> indeed verified that it works good on this box, HP DL360 G5)...
> But, now when I start to setup the machine, I recalled that i've patched =
the=20
> 6.2 box with the freebsd mijail patch=20
> (http://www.digitaldaemon.com/FreeBSD/FreeBSD/FreeBSD_6.2-STABLE-mijail.p=
atch).
> However, I cannot find anywhere about FreeBSD 7 and a similar patch. A qu=
ick=20
> look at the patch vs the 7.x source tells me it won't apply cleanly, but =
from=20
> what I've seen quickly, it could maybe be done. The differences I've seen=
=20
> doesn't look too advanced, but then again, I'm  not a kernel developer...
>
> So, I'd like to know if anyone considered this on 7.x, or if anyone can t=
ell=20
> me immediately that this wont work or will be LOTS of work, or just some=
=20
> patch line adjusting? Ie, how big are the changes from 6.x to 7.x in thes=
e=20
> sections?

I had planned to have a patch for multiv4/v6 jails last month but it's not
yet publicly available. I have sent it off to some people for review.

In case the above is a successor of pjd's multi-ip v4 jail patch I can
give you a plain forward port to a FreeBSD 7 system (which might have
possible locking issues I have never experienced).

All depends on how quickly you need it.

/bz

--=20
Bjoern A. Zeeb                                 bzeeb at Zabbadoz dot NeT
Software is harder than hardware  so better get it right the first time.
--0-2274503-1207247943=:66744--