Date:      Thu, 25 Sep 2003 10:57:46 -0400 (EDT)
From:      peter@larkowski.net
To:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems upgrading

Hi everyone.

I have 5.0-RELEASE installed on my sparcengine ultra AXe.  I haven't
messed with it in months and was going to try and upgrade it to something
more recent.  First I tried a make buildworld with CURRENT sources from a
couple days ago (9-23 or 9-22, I don't remember), but I got some errors.
I could have missed something in UPDATING, I don't really know.

In any case, I decided to reinstall with UFS2 and just in general get a
fresh start since it's been so long since I messed with this machine.  The
5.1 cd gets to mounting root from /dev/md0 and hangs.  There was a thread
about this same problem on an ultra 10 some months ago, but it was never
resolved afaik and turned into an argument about blocking entire dsl
subnets to stop spam :)  Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions for
getting 5.1 or -current on my sparc?  I'm using an LSI logic SCSI card and
the cdrom is a an external plextor that does boot the 5.0 disc just fine
(I checked again last night).

Thanks,
-p