Date:      Tue, 31 Jan 2012 08:54:05 -0700
From:      Ian Lepore <freebsd@damnhippie.dyndns.org>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Performance of SheevaPlug on 8-stable

On Mon, 2012-01-30 at 22:39 -0700, Warner Losh wrote:
> Hi Ian,
>
> Do you have any data on what 9.0 does?
>
> Warner

No.  Do you have reason to believe it will be different than 8.x?

It would be a major effort right now to get anything later than 8.2
built and running on one of our arm platforms.  Maybe not as hard as the
6.2 -> 8.2 conversion was, but we're still carrying a lot of diffs from
stock FreeBSD that have to be analyzed and merged by hand.  Actually
before that can even happen I'd have to grab a snapshot of 9.0 and do an
svn->Hg conversion to even be able to start merging the diffs (and I'm
hardly an Hg expert, but those in the company who are let me know last
week that they're just as busy as me, and I'm on my own for this kind of
work).  It's work I want to do, but I suspect it's going to happen later
rather than sooner because product deadlines are beginning to loom and
my ability to spend most of my time working on the OS side of things is
waning.

If there are some specific changes you've got in mind that affect this
problem I might be able to backport and test them faster than I could
get a full 9.0 or -current build environment working, just point me at
them.

-- Ian