Date:      Tue, 19 Nov 2002 21:09:50 -0400 (AST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installing DP2 onto Sony VAIO with Linksys Ethernet Card ...

Evening all ...

  Working on getting DP2 installed on my Sony VAIO ... the fxp0 onboard, I
don't have the adapter for anymore (wires frayed), so I have a Linksys
Combo EthernetCard plugged into the PCMCIA slot ...

  Booted up off of floppy, and looking at ALT-F2, it has detected the
ethernet card, but its followed by:

device_probe_and_attach: ed1 attach returned 6

  And isn't offered as an option when trying to configure the network ...

  From /usr/include/errno.h, 6 is 'Device not configured' ...

  Now, looking further up the screen, the fxp0 ethernet is also  using irq
9, so I don't know if this is an IRQ conflict or something?

  I thought about disabling the fxp driver, but that option is no longer
available that I can see ... ?

  Is there something else I should be doing?