Date:      Sat, 26 Apr 2008 06:39:55 -0400
From:      Gerard <gerard@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: help requested with fixing after ImageMagick update

--Sig_/6gTKVDW+UMEpic7UFfCD8Uv

On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 01:39:00 +0200
Pav Lucistnik <pav@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>=20
> we had a rather intrusive ImageMagick update recently, which left some
> ports broken. Since it's quite a task for a single guy to fix them
> all, I'd like to ask you folks to help out with this.
>=20
> This is a list of known breakages:
>=20
> science/gnudatalanguage
> textproc/htmltolatex
> graphics/kallery
> graphics/php-magickwand
> lang/q
> graphics/reallyslick
> graphics/ruby-rmagick

Usually, I have no major problems updating ports. I use 'portupgrade'
as my usually ports maintenance tool. However, in case like this I
prefer 'portmanager'. It seems to correct problems with dependencies
much better than 'portupgrade'. I would recommend that you do something
like this:

1) If portmanager is not installed, install it.
2) Update your ports tree
3) Run: portmanager -u -l -p -y

That should update all of your ports and force a rebuild of any port
using an old or out dated dependency. It will also create a log file
in: '/var/log/portmanager.log'. This usually works for me.

Good luck!

--=20
Gerard
gerard@seibercom.net

Most people in this society who aren't actively mad are,
at best, reformed or potential lunatics.

	Susan Sontag