Date:      Mon, 11 Aug 1997 15:23:25 -0600 (MDT)
From:      gnat@frii.com
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   pci/if_de.c broken?

Hi, I just decided to track -stable and am having a problem building
today's -stable source to the kernel.

My kernel compilation barfs at pci/if_de.c, in all the places where
the __FreeBSD__ symbol is compared to 3.  I changed the test to >= 2,
and now it compiles (still compiling, no news as to whether it works
or not).

Has -stable become a version of 3.0 without
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook236.html being updated, or is
it still meant to be a way for 2.2.2 users to stay ahead of the kernel
panics?

My apologies if this is caused by my being a bonehead.

Nat