Date:      Thu, 13 Dec 2012 12:19:12 +0200
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@nsu.ru>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 9.1 memstick install panics on boot

on 13/12/2012 09:30 Alexey Dokuchaev said the following:
> Hey folks,
>
> Was going to try 9.1/amd64 on this Lenovo box with E5500 I have here at
> $work.  Unfortunately it panics immediately upon boot [1].  Seems it be
> ACPI-related, as disabling it allows the boot to proceed a little further
> but still panic [2].

Just a general note that nowadays booting without ACPI especially on laptops would
not get you very far in 99% cases.
IMO, it's pointless to try.

> Ubuntu 12.04 LTS booted and worked just fine on this box, yet I could
> not get anywhere with any memstick.img since 8.0.  Any idea what's going
> on here?  I've tried dumping DSDT and rebuilding it, did not help.
>
> Verbose bootlogs can be found here:
>
> [1] http://193.124.210.26/9.1-acpi.dmesg
> [2] http://193.124.210.26/9.1-noacpi.dmesg

Will you be able to try head on this system?
This could have been fixed in more recent ACPICA imports.  stable/9 seems have
ACPICA from many months ago.

--
Andriy Gapon