Date:      Mon, 8 Aug 2005 20:12:30 -0300
From:      Roberto <rg@varnet.ws>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   icewmtray error

Hello,

I have the following problem with icewmtray: it runs on icewm-session
startup and when I launch Skype and Gaim they place their icons in
tray.

Operation is OK for maximizing or minimizing to tray but when I
close (exit) any program that places a tray icon (Skype or Gaim) then
icewmtray exits unexpectedly with the following error message (it also
closes any other programs that have icons in the tray):

% icewmtray
icewmtray: using /home/rgp/.icewm for private configuration files
X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  2 (X_ChangeWindowAttributes)
  Resource id in failed request:  0xa00021
  Serial number of failed request:  181

I am using FreeBSD 5.4 (with upgraded ports).

These are the versions of the relevant packages:

icewm-1.2.22
gaim-1.4.0
skype-1.1.0.20_1

I've tried with my home configuration files and with defaults, the
error is the same.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Roberto