Date:      01 Feb 1997 16:14:35 +0100
From:      Peter Mutsaers <plm@xs4all.nl>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   3c589 (zp driver) doesn't turn on card (?)

Hello,

I use the zp driver in 2.2 or 3.0-current for my 3c589c card. The card
however is only detected if I run Win95 first.

If win95 runs, the led will turn green (looks like the card is turned
on somehow). When I reboot to FreeBSD, zp0 is detected and works find.

If I halt the system and boot FreeBSD right away however, the led
doesn't turn green. zp driver will tell me that the slot is not empty,
but it doesn't detect the card.

Does anyone have an explanation for this behaviour, and maybe even a
solution?

--
Peter Mutsaers  |  Abcoude (Utrecht), |  Trust is a good quality
plm@xs4all.nl   |  the Netherlands    |  for other people to have