Date:      Mon, 28 Feb 2005 00:16:41 -0800
From:      "Ashwin Chandra" <ashcs@ucla.edu>
To:        <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   sched_4BSD

I wanted to get some clarification about the 4BSD scheduler. I am sort =
of confused why there are two forms of scheduling, one done between =
processes and another done between threads in a process. The priority =
calculations seem to be done only with processes and I assume that the =
global run queue holds processes, not threads.  Also why is there only 1 =
run queue for 1 CPU. What happens to blocked processes and ready to be =
runned processes?

Ash