Date:      Sat, 30 Apr 2022 18:39:44 +0200
From:      Guido Falsi <madpilot@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        "Tobias C. Berner" <tcberner@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   dbus 1.14 update causing problems with xfce4

Hi,

The recent update to dbus to 1.14 seems to cause issues with xfce startup.

I've not investigated it much still, but I'm unable to login into xfce
after the upgrade, a window comes out saying it cannot connect to the
settings manager, and xfce-session crashes.

I found some messages in the logs, from messages:

devd[1381]: check_clients:  dropping disconnected client

and in xsession-errors:

Segmentation fault (core dumped)
No matching processes belonging to you were found
No matching processes belonging to you were found
No matching processes belonging to you were found

(the segmentation fault should be xfce-session)

I'm writing right away to let the issue known, maybe I only need to
force reinstall some ports, and once identified I can just bump
PORTREVISION.

If anyone has any idea, suggestions are welcome.

--
Guido Falsi <madpilot@FreeBSD.org>