Date:      Sun, 26 May 2002 22:51:47 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Jimmy Olgeni <olgeni@uli.it>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        Albert Kinderman <albert.kinderman@csun.edu>, <gnome@FreeBSD.ORG>, Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: strange sawfish2 failure

Hi!

On 26 May 2002, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> If you're using PORTREVISION 1, it should work.  I submitted a patch
> yesterday to allow for saved changes to be restored across sessions.
> The capplets should also work.  Make sure you're using the latest
> librep2 to avoid an undefined pthread reference.

I have PORTREVISION 1 (built in chroot) and a fresh librep2. Settings
in the custom file are actually preserved, and the capplets work fine
(control-center and standalone), but the "viewport geometry" stuff is
entirely missing: no way to configure it and the "send window to
left/right/xxx" don't do anything. Maybe it's still a work in progress
in sawfish2 and it's supposed to work like this =)

> As for the xview stuff, I was thinking of modifying the port not to
> install its own gettext tools.  I'm not really sure if anything uses
> them that couldn't use the standard gettext tools.  Do you have any
> thoughts?

I have no clue :o) but this is the only port (that I remember of) that
picked the xview gettext and broke like this - but I removed xview
anyway before getting more subtle surprises...

--
jimmy