Date:      Mon, 11 May 1998 14:58:21 -0500
From:      Robert <robert@mhi-tx.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   cpio backup

hello,
I am having a little trouble with cpio...
I am not sure which options are best to use for a good full backup?
I have waded through the options in the man page but I dont seem to
know what half the stuff means.
I just need a reliable backup.
I have tried "find directory -print|cpio -ocv -O /dev/nrst0
and it seems to work but it says that is is trunkating inode numbers???
is this bad??  also I have not been able to "LOOK" at the contents of
the tape after copying to it??
any help or pointers to the right direction would be greatly appreciated
(I am using 2.2.5 an adaptec 2940OU and an hp surestore 2000)
thanks in advance
Robert