Date:      Fri, 31 Mar 2000 02:33:55 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        jmb@hub.freebsd.org (Jonathan M. Bresler)
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in, crh@outpost.co.nz, adam@whizkidtech.net, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Oh no. The Guns Debate (was Re: On "intelligent people" and

> > > Moreover, they either escape well before the blast,
> >
> > Soldiers.
>
> Terry,
> 	after spending effort to educate us on grammer, please dont
> confuse soldiers and terrorists.
>
> 	Govts use soldiers to fight other armed forces resulting in
> some civilian casaulties.  soldiers do not aim to purposefully cause
> civilian casaulties.  civilians are really just in the way.
>
> 	Terrorists are used by NGO's and Govts to kill civilians.
> civilian casaulties are the purpose of terrorist activities.  teh more
> civilian dead the better.  Terrorists shun Govt soldiers.

No offense intended towards people who serve in the military.

My point was that if they were escaping before the blast,
instead of suicide bombing, they we less committed to their
ideals than a fanatic (willing to die in a skirmish, even if
it might cost your side the war to be without people).

The problem with NGO vs. government as your classification
boundary is that one man's NGO is another man's government in
exile.

I agree that the primary distinction should be civilian vs.
military targets, but there again, the line is really blurry;
are the American people civilians, or are they the government?

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.