Date:      Sun, 13 Sep 2009 21:00:50 -0400
From:      Jonathan <jonathan@kc8onw.net>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Virtualbox and VRDP

I just installed virtualbox on my server without X11 support intending
to run it headless and now I find that the Virtual Remote Display
Protocol support is only available in the closed source version.  The
virtualbox Editions page says that some of the closed source features
may eventually become available in the open source version as well, has
anyone heard anything about this happening for VRDP?

Are there any other options that would allow me to set up a VM remotely
without installing X?  I suppose I could set up a VM locally and then
copy it to my server once it's configured for remote ssh access but that
would involve copying several GB over the internet, a rather slow
process on my connection.

Thanks,
Jonathan

P.S. Thank you very much to all who have helped bring VirtualBox to FreeBSD!