Date:      Thu, 01 Mar 2001 22:25:17 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Kenneth P. Stox" <stox@imagescape.com>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on IBM's radar screen?

On 02-Mar-01 Julian Elischer wrote:
> remember that IBM owns whistle (until they finish
> integrating it into different parts of IBM
> and it dissappears) (burp)
> and have some FreeBSD experience there.

The problem is that 93.7% of IBM probably has no idea that IBM owns whistle.

I remember a discussion I had with an IBM sales rep working at the NCC
conference in the early 1980's. He had no idea that IBM was selling systems
that ran UNIX. At the time they were selling a 68K based lab system (
the 9000 ?? ) and I think were still selling the Series 1. I'm sure that things
haven't changed much since.

E-Mail: Kenneth P. Stox <stox@imagescape.com>