Date:      Thu, 13 Dec 2001 11:34:41 -0800
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
Cc:        Thomas Zenker <thz@Lennartz-electronic.de>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TCP stack still hosed?

--IDYEmSnFhs3mNXr+

On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 10:52:23AM -0800, Matthew Dillon wrote:
>     You can also try dropping your USB ethernet down from 100BaseT to 10B=
aseT
>     (if it happens to be running at 100).  Placing a 100BaseT ethernet
>     on a USB connection has always seemed to be an oxymoron to me.  I don=
't
>     know why anyone even sells such a product.

Well, I can tell you why I bought one.  I got it because I was worried
about the possiability of running into those stupid 100BaseT only hubs
some of the cheap vendors were selling for a while.  USB is only really
good for adhoc network connections, IMO, so that's exactly the sort of
environment where you'd tend to find devices without 10Mbps support.

-- Brooks

--=20

--IDYEmSnFhs3mNXr+

--IDYEmSnFhs3mNXr+--