Date:      Thu, 06 Jul 1995 17:27:02 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        Jeffrey Hsu <hsu@freefall.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cloning systems

> Common Scenario:
> My friend brings his computer over.  He has no scsi controller,
> CDROM drive, or ethernet card.  I don't have the bindist.tar.*
> files nor do I have the FreeBSD CDROM.  But I do have my handy
> FreeBSD computer w/ all the sources and binaries.  How do I install
> FreeBSD on his computer?

Hmmm..  How are you hooking the two machines together then, may I ask?
He has no SCSI, no ethernet card, are you proposing to clone the
machine over the serial cable?

In general, this is not a very hard problem to solve if you have a
certain minimum amount of connectivity between the two machines, but
clearly you're going to be faced with diminishing returns as you
approach the "I have a floppy, he has a floppy.  What now?"  sorts of
scenarios and I can't say that have much personal interest in solving
those.

					Jordan