Date:      Tue, 07 Dec 1999 22:17:39 -0500
From:      Jay Sachs <jsachs@iclick.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   es1370 strangeness: sample leftovers

Ever since I got any sound out of my SBPCI128 (thank you!), up through
-STABLE as of last night, if I play an audio file (eg .au, .wav), via
any means (e.g. wmsound, cat file.au > /dev/audio) there appears to be
about a 1/4 second "leftover" of digitized sound that comes in right
after the audio sample is done. It's definitely recognizable as leftover
from a recently played sample.  Any clues?

My kernel config contains

   device pcm0 at isa? port ? tty irq 11 drq 1 flags 0x0

dmesg yields

  es1: <AudioPCI ES1370> rev 0x01 int a irq 11 on pci0.16.0
  pcm1: using I/O space register mapping at 0xef00
  pcm0 not found

pciconf gives

   es1@pci0:16:0:  class=0x040100 card=0x4c4c4942 chip=0x50001274
rev=0x01 hdr=0x00

If it would help for me to pop the case and read stuff off the card, let
me know.

jay