Date:      Wed, 7 May 1997 17:21:34 +0930 (CST)
From:      Kristian Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Questions)
Subject:   m3socks and cvsup problem

I'm trying to get m3socks to work with cvsup through my socks 5 proxy,
but it keeps dying with the following:

[morden] 17:21 /usr/share/examples/cvsup m3socks cvsup -gL2 stable-supfile
Parsing supfile "stable-supfile"
Looking up address of cvsup.au.FreeBSD.org
Connecting to cvsup.au.FreeBSD.org
Unable to connect to a server: Undefined error: 0
Cannot connect to cvsup.au.FreeBSD.org: TCP.Unexpected: 0
Will retry at 17:25:56

My m3socks.conf is:

domain adelaide.edu.au
nameserver 129.127.12.4,129.127.40.3,129.127.28.4
findserver No
direct *.adelaide.edu.au
sockd @=bragg.physics.adelaide.edu.au 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

Since I also admin the socks proxy, I happen to know it's not even
connecting to that at all. Neither can I get netscape to talk to that
proxy, when I remove all my proxy entries apart from
bragg.physics.adelaide.edu.au port 1080. However, other stuff like
rtelnet, socksified ncftp, rping, rtraceroute, etc, work fine.

My libsocks.conf is as follows:

noproxy - 129.127. - -
socks5  - - - - 129.127.36.34

In my environment I have set:

SOCKS_SERVER=bragg.physics.adelaide.edu.au:1080
SOCKS5_SERVER=bragg.physics.adelaide.edu.au:1080

If anyone can help with this, I'd be most grateful..I couldnt seem to
find any references to m3socks in the mailing list archives.

Kris