Date:      Mon, 06 Nov 2006 19:20:15 +0100
From:      Peo Nilsson <per-olof.nilsson@comhem.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installing FreeBSD

--=-xXoNlGFkNvfxMMA56tpK

On Sun, 2006-11-05 at 08:56 -0600, Chris wrote:
> At this point - I feel you have a failed install and or broken FBSD. The
> WD 80 gig drive should be of zero issue. I use 2 WD SATA 80 gigger w/out
> issues.
> If your drive is partitioned correctly - GAG will and does boot it well.
I downloaded FreeBSD 6.2 BETA-3 and installed it. It works!!!
Now I only wonder what was wrong with the 6.1 Release I couldn=C2=B4t get t=
boot.
There was nothing wrong with disk/partitioning, GRUB boot loader or
anything else with my dual boot setup. I already knew that because I=C2=B4v=
been dual booting before (last FreeBSD was 5.2).
Anyway....I=C2=B4m smiling again...:-)

> As mentioned many times in this list, seek the handbook for dual booting.
I did that, but there was nothing I didn=C2=B4t already know.

Next I will download FreeBSD 6.1 Release again, this time from another
mirror than the first time. This to find out if there=C2=B4s something wron=
with
the one I first downloaded from ftp.sunet,se.

Thanks for the help!
=20
--=20
/Cheers Peo

--
Registered Linux User #432116, get counted at
http://counter.li.org

--=-xXoNlGFkNvfxMMA56tpK

--=-xXoNlGFkNvfxMMA56tpK--