Date:      Wed, 30 Jul 1997 08:49:12 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Marco Molteni <molter@logic.it>
Cc:        Vincent Poy <vince@mail.mcestate.com>, security@freebsd.org, "\[Mario1-\]" <mario1@primenet.com>
Subject:   Re: security hole in FreeBSD

> There's a thing really I can't understand in all this thread.
> Nobody said:
> "Vince, we're sorry about what happened to you. Probably you did something
> stupid, but _everybody_ has to learn his lesson the hard way.
> Here you are a a checklist of books, programs and ideas to follow to
> improve the security of your site."
>
> No, everybody started to flame at him! Why? Because he choosed as his
> subject line: "security hole in FreeBSD" instead of "I'm a sucker
> please you security wizards help me" ?

Ahh, but you assume that we haven't ever seen Vinny before.
Unfortunately, his behavior is 'typical', in that he wants us to do all
his research and work for him, rather than him spending the time to do
his own work.  He also shows a complete lack of interest in finding out
solutions to his own problems.

I've dealt with him too many times over the last 2 years to have
anything but pity on any company he works for, since he will require
hand-holding and doesn't do anything on his own.

Nate