Date:      Fri, 11 Mar 2005 23:24:52 -0800
From:      Nick Sayer <nsayer@kfu.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 6to4, stf and shoebox NAT routers

--Apple-Mail-5--838892915

Well, I'm screwed.

I set up the Linksys router so that the FreeBSD machine is the "DMZ"
host on the inside. Sending 6to4 to the router's outside address
results in tcpdump showing these on the inside:

22:09:36.138924 [linksys mac address] > ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff, ethertype
ARP (0x0806), length 60: arp who-has [linksys outside ip] tell [linksys
inside ip]

Which, quite frankly, is laughable. If that weren't enough, the packets
come out of the linksys router with the source IP address being from
the inside (meaning, it didn't get NATted). Humph.

So it appears that for now, I will have to keep a 2nd interface active
on this box solely for the purpose of doing IPv6. What a nightmare.