Date:      Sat, 2 Oct 1999 20:47:58 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Martin Kammerhofer <dada@localhost.tu-graz.ac.at>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Cdrecord problems to record 1 CD

For the sake of completeness I report two (imho quite unobvious)
findings with cdrecord:

1. CD-recorders sometimes get confused about the inserted CD's contents.
   E.g. with a Plextor PX-W4220T and cdrecord 1.8a29 I found that
   the recorder still "thinks" there is already some space used up after
   a "cdrecord blank=fast". It also adds to the used-up space after
   _dummy_ writes. To let the recorder load the correct TOC just eject
   and reload the media after fastblanking or doing dummy writes.
2. The only difference between fast blanking CD-RWs (clearing the TOC
   only) and blanking the whole media is when writing multiple sessions.
   Multiple sessions work by having a pointer to the next session in the
   session's TOC. If you fastblank a CD-RW and happen to write a session
   such that it ends just before another session from the previous
   incarnation of the media this "deleted" session (and all following
   ones) will show up again. Surprise!

Just my Euro 0.02