Date:      Mon, 11 Sep 1995 03:07:38 +1000
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        jc@irbs.com, jhay@mikom.csir.co.za
Cc:        FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.ORG, gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sig 11 and -current problems.

>I am running libraries and apps supped yesterday AM.  They were
>built with a kernel from August 21.  They run just fine.  Any kernel
>built after John's vm changes causes random cores.  I don't use LKMs.

>irbs 12% ls -al /lkm
>total 2
>drwxr-xr-x   2 bin   bin    1024 Jul 14 11:22 .
>drwxr-xr-x  19 root  wheel   512 Sep  7 21:28 ..

>Last mail I saw from John was that he was able to reproduce the
>problem but I have not seen anything since.

I thought he fixed it.  I saw sig 11's from Sep 6-8 but none since then.
This was on a test machine that doesn't do much more than boot kernels.
It has fairly old executables (most were installed on Sep 3 before the
critical vm changes) and older libs.  I haven't trusted kernels built
after Sep 2 on my development machine.  I don't use LKM's.

Bruce