Date:      Thu, 24 Jul 1997 09:13:27 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jay Kuri <jaykuri@oneway.com>
To:        Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help: wiring down scsi devices doesn't work

> >     I have been trying, to no avail, to wire down a particular target
> > device to pt0.  Although config gives me no errors, and the kernel
> > rebuilds fine, it does not wire down the device... and instead reports it
> > (a scsi scanner) as uk0.
> It didn't recognize it as a processor type. The device still needs
> to claim to be a processor type for the kernel to connect it as
> that.

    Gotcha...  I was under the impression that the scanner was reporting
itself as a processor (and this is what the docs for the driver said it
would do)  but it was really reporting itself as a type 6 (scanner...
imagine that :)
    I thought that processor target and unknown target had some different
functionality... It appears that I am wrong in that.

Thanks for your help,

Jay