Date:      Mon, 8 Apr 2002 13:15:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Russo Roberto <atm_roberto@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   TCP window SIZE vs. RECEIVE/SEND socket size

   hi,

  I am using on FreeBSD 4.5 the application
  NETPERF to do TCP/UDP benchmark !

  can someone give me the general relation
  between the TCP/IP WINDOW SIZE and RECEIVE/SEND
  socket size doing a TCP_STREAM test ?

  setting for example an Received socket size of
  5000 byte means that the TCP window size will be
  of 5000 byte ?  For this reason the size of all the
  TCP packet transmitted will be equal at the
  RECEIVE SOCKET SIZE ?

   really thank you!

  Roberto