Date:      Wed, 11 Jan 2012 19:35:28 +0400
From:      Ruslan Mahmatkhanov <cvs-src@yandex.ru>
To:        Jan Beich <jbeich@tormail.net>
Subject:   Re: Perl symlinks question

Jan Beich wrote on 10.01.2012 19:33:
> Ruslan Mahmatkhanov<cvs-src@yandex.ru>  writes:

>>> [...]
>>>
>>> Can you shed more light on the aclocal issue? Does the submitter know?
>>> nss_ldap installs fine after applying ports/163687.
>>>
>>>     $ ls -1d /usr/local/share/aclocal*
>>>     /usr/local/share/aclocal/
>>>     /usr/local/share/aclocal-1.11/
>>>     /usr/local/share/aclocal-1.4/
>>>     $ fgrep -r /usr/bin/perl /usr/local/share/aclocal*
>>>     Exit 1
>>
>> Sure.
>> ===>   Configuring for nss_ldap-1.265_7
>> env: /usr/local/bin/aclocal-1.11: No such file or directory
>> *** Error code 127
>>
>> [rm@smeshariki3 ~/learn]>  head -3 `which aclocal-1.11`
>> #!/usr/bin/perl -w
>> # -*- perl -*-
>> # Generated from aclocal.in; do not edit by hand.
>
> This line tells enough. aclocal used @PERL@ binary detected during
> devel/automake installation. Have you tried to reinstall dependent
> ports after turning off USE_PERL option?

You are quite right. I just built it in clean environment and was able
to reproduce the breakage, described in original PR. And the patch works
as expected. I just committed this. Thanks.

Since i don't saw strong objections about making this symlinks
non-conditional (as we already know, it will not harm read-only
LOCALBASE users), i'll come with PR's later.

--
Regards,
Ruslan

Tinderboxing kills... the drives.