Date:      Mon, 27 Oct 2003 15:34:10 +0100
From:      "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ken Smith <kensmith@cse.Buffalo.EDU>
Cc:        freebsd-docs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Darwin...

--Qbvjkv9qwOGw/5Fx

On 2003.10.26 17:30:44 -0500, Ken Smith wrote:
>=20
> There are places on the Web site that list other related projects (NetBSD,
> OpenBSD, etc.).  Does anyone object to adding Darwin, probably the site
> http://www.opendarwin.org?  if I was to do it are there others that

Since Darwin, through MacOS X, is probably the BSD with most users (at
least on the desktop), I think it would just fine to add it, where
appropriate.

> should be added?  It's the only other stable project with BSD roots I'm a=
ware
> of but I don't "get out" much...

The only other BSD that I know of, which is not just a relabeled version
of one of the major BSD's, is DragonFly BSD.  While DraonFly is of
course still mainly FreeBSD and is still infancy, it does looks like
it's here to stay.  Whether DragonFly should be added depend on the
context, since it is probably not interesting to end users yet.

--=20
Simon L. Nielsen
FreeBSD Documentation Team

--Qbvjkv9qwOGw/5Fx