Date:      Thu, 21 Oct 2004 17:12:31 +0200 (CEST)
From:      hm@kts.org (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: new I4B driver v.1.5.3

Hans Petter Selasky wrote:

> Hence I have made so many changes to the I4B subsystem, my driver will not get
> distributed. Is there anyone that agrees, it is time to upgrade the ISDN-
> subsystem of FreeBSD?

As already stated in private email, i'm neither supporting that the current
subsystem is replaced nor am i available for working on such a change.

It is true that the current subsystem needs some work and you are more
than welcome to enhance it. Your valued work contains some good ideas
and enhancements but please understand that i will not say yes 1) to not
enhancing it incrementally but completely ripping it out and replacing it
(not only in the light that many of the currently supported cards are
said to be non-tested in your code) and 2) to code which i still consider
unmaintainable.

On the other side, since i have not done much work on i4b in the last year
my vote shouldn't be counted too much ;-)

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                                      mbl +49 (0)160 96455696
secion GmbH                                             tel +49 (0)40 241812535