Date:      Thu, 13 Feb 1997 09:44:27 -0800
From:      jehamby@lightside.com (Jake Hamby)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Speaking of Insure++

While investigating development tools for a Windows programming project at
work, I came across this comparison of BoundsChecker Pro (which uses the
same technology as Insure++), HeapAgent, and Purify NT.  It was written by
the authors of HeapAgent, so it is a little biased, but it does present a
fair comparison of what each product is good for (their conclusion was that
Purify or BoundsChecker are the best tools for final testing, but they slow
down the program far too much to be used during the development phase, a
conclusion I tend to agree with from my experience).

Anyway, since there was mention of asking ParaSoft to port Insure++ to
FreeBSD, this should be interesting reading if you want to know its
strengths and weaknesses compared to Purify or HeapAgent.

http://www.microquill.com/prod_ha/ha_comp.htm

-- Jake