Date:      Mon, 16 Jul 2001 12:09:42 -0400
From:      Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+freebsd@acadia.ne.mediaone.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   cvsup and buildworld problems

Hey all.  Here are the problems:
I am running the following:
/usr/local/bin/cvsup -g -L 2 -z /etc/cvsupfile

Everything updates fine, but the refuse file is ignored.

Here is my /etc/cvsupfile:
*default  host=cvsup.FreeBSD.org
*default  base=/usr
*default  prefix=/usr
*default  release=cvs
*default  tag=RELENG_4
*default  delete use-rel-suffix

src-base
src-bin
src-contrib
src-etc
src-games
src-gnu
src-include
src-kerberosIV
src-kerberos5
src-lib
src-libexec
src-release
src-sbin
src-share
src-sys
src-tools
src-usrbin
src-usrsbin
*default tag=.
ports-all
doc-all

In /usr/sup/ I have the following refuse file:
doc/de
doc/de_*
doc/es
doc/es_*
doc/fr
doc/fr_*
doc/ja
doc/ja_*
doc/nl
doc/nl_*
doc/ru
doc/ru_*
doc/zh
doc/zh_*
ports/chinese
ports/french
ports/german
ports/hebrew
ports/japanese
ports/korean
ports/russian
ports/ukrainian
ports/vietnamese

Seems that should prevent the language ports from being updated,
right?

Next problem:  make buildworld
After the cvsup, I run mergemaster and install any changed files
without merging (I am not changing any source myself at this point).
the make buildworld goes for quite some time then fails.

Now, I'm not one of those arrogant jerks that assumes the problem is
with the compiler, someone else's source or whatever.  I just need to
know if anyone out there knows what I'm doing wrong.  :|

Thanks all.

--
Louis LeBlanc       leblanc@acadia.ne.mediaone.net
http://acadia.ne.mediaone.net                 ԿԬ

If an experiment works, something has gone wrong.