Date:      Thu, 17 Aug 2006 09:48:30 -0500
From:      Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
To:        Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-geom@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: GJournal (hopefully) final patches.

On 08/17/06 09:08, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 08:08:56AM -0500, Eric Anderson wrote:
>> On 08/08/06 14:52, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
>>> Hi.
>>> I'm pleased to announce hopefully the final gjournal patches.
>> [..snip..]
>>> To create journaled UFS file system on ad0s1d partition:
>>> 	# gjournal load
>>> 	# gjournal label ad0s1d
>>> 	# newfs -J /dev/ad0s1d.journal
>>> 	# mount -o noatime,async /dev/ad0s1d.journal /mnt
>>> On reboot 'fsck_ffs -p /dev/ad0s1d.journal' will perform fast check. One
>>> can still run regular check by not giving the -p option.
>> I have a 10TB filesystem I created as above, and recently a crash caused it to now complain about the filesystem being dirty.  When I do an fsck -p, here's what I get:
>>
>> # fsck -p /dev/label/vol10
>> /dev/label/vol10: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY, CANNOT RUN FAST FSCK
>>

>> /dev/label/vol10: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY.
>
> Do you have log from the boot before you saw this?
> I corrected one bug, but it was only possible to trigger when crash
> happened early in the boot process. Your crash was during or just after
> a boot maybe?

Yes, I have the logs.   What should I send you?

Also, I just tried newfs'ing a new journaled device, and mounting it,
then a few minutes later, crashing the system (not purposely though),
and it too gives the same results as the other filesystem (same specs,
10Tb, etc).

The first crash was within about 30 minutes of booting, the second one
was about the same time-frame.

Eric