Date:      Fri, 26 Feb 1999 09:14:47 +0100
From:      Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
To:        Piet Delaney <piet@cup.hp.com>
Cc:        johns@umr.edu, toddf@acm.org, frivara@otmcorp.com, obrien@nuxi.com, hasty@star-gate.com, piet@piet.net, piet@hpfsvr02.cup.hp.com, charleymeyer@earthlink.net, Loc.Tran@Eng.Sun.COM, netbsd-help@netBSD.Org, tech-kern@netBSD.Org, port-sparc@netBSD.Org, misc@openbsd.org, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.Org, freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.Org, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.Org
Subject:   Re: 24ibt on ZX/leo framebuffer, cg8/12, and doing kernel src debugging with kernel kgdb stub and ddd+gdb

> Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 18:37:25 -0800 (PST)
> From: Piet Delaney <piet@cup.hp.com>

> 	If you have any suggestion on the true color frame buffer drivers on
> setting up kgdb on openbsd, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

I have KGDB in the pipe, at least for i386, should not be hard to fix
for sparc.  The only problem is with me getting time to test this
stuff.  I used the NetBSD support as a base.

Most of us have developped a skill with DDB so KGDB has not been as
asked for as it could be.  I agree DDB is a poor substitute for KGDB
though.  But it works on a single machine, KGDB requires 2, so it has
at least one advantage.

Niklas