Date:      Mon, 1 Jul 2002 12:20:53 -0400
From:      "Joe & Fhe Barbish" <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
To:        <khera@kciLink.com>, "Olivier Tharan" <olivier.tharan@idealx.com>
Cc:        "FBSDQ" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD Port: postfix-1.1.11,1

Yes I saw those messages during the install.

The key word in that message is " MAY" .

May means optional.

If there is a sendmail/postfix compatible problem the message should
state so and that this is a temp work around. If this was caused
because a new version of sendmail being integrated into FBSD 4.6,
then what is the problem with conveying that information in the message

It looks to me as if the sendmail -A option has either been added or
removed and postfix has not been changed to be compatible with
sendmail any longer.

Please use the pkg-message file to it's fullest.
There is no limit on the size of this file, so load it up with all the
info an user of this port will need to understand why the port install
has changed and what and why additional manual
customization is necessary. This is not a problem unique to postfix.
I have experienced this lack of information transfer with other ports
as well. Some kind of port documentation standard or check list needs
to be created so sufficient info transfer occurs to the port installer.

So since 2 repliers have responded that the solution is to do what the
pkg-message says,
I take that to mean the word "MAY" should be read as "MUST".

Thanks for letting me vent my frustrations to people who are in the
position to change the way things are done.

Joe