Date:      Mon, 20 Dec 1999 13:35:04 -0800
From:      "Marc Wandschneider" <marcw@lanfear.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   NFS primer?

	I'm trying to find some information how to set up an NFS server and
clients.  I'd like to know the difference between hard mounting things and
using 'amd', etc ...

	The man pages give a good idea of how individual programs and things work,
but not how it all fits together, and what needs to be set up when.   All my
attempts at getting it going thus far have given "Cannot MNT RPC:  RPC:
Program not registered".

	Any suggestions?

	Thanks!

	marc.