Date:      Mon, 06 Dec 1999 18:12:55 +0100
From:      Per Lingvall <lingvall@home.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   486, 4mbram, www & UNIX?

I cannot connect to any ISP though the DUN (Dial-Up-Networkprogram) for
Explorer requires atleast 8MB ram. I now have Win 3,14.

MY QUESTION:
Can I use FREEBSD OS instead of Win3,14 and will it work with Netscape
(and dial-up-program for UNIX vs ISP).

I only have a laptop with a 486-processor, 4 mb ram, 250mb HD - BUT I
WANT IT TO WORK WITH INTERNET (checking mail n surf) - is this possible,
can you help me?

MicroSoft and my ISP cannot help me, they say that I need to buy a new
computer or upgrade my ram to atleast 16mb. But that costs money.

Greetings from Sweden

//Per Lingvall, Stockholm