Date:      Tue, 18 Mar 1997 23:38:36 -0500
From:      Gary Schrock <root@eyelab.psy.msu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   search engine used on freebsd.org?

I was wondering what search engine is used on www.freebsd.org to search the
mailing list archives.  I've been working on setting up a search engine to
index board postings on a mud, and haven't been having real satifactory
results with the ones I've tried so far (isearch, freewais-sf).

Basicly my requirements are:
  1) ability to search across multiple databases
  2) able to recognize individual documents in one large file, where the
seperator characters are on the same line as the title for the document
(freewais doesn't like this situation, isearch handles it, but can't search
multiple databases).

Gary Schrock
root@eyelab.msu.edu