Date:      Mon, 10 Jun 1996 00:45:22 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@freefall.freebsd.org>
Cc:        Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>, lada@ws2301.gud.siemens.co.at, dyson@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Breaking ffs - speed enhancement?

Eat good food, preserve nature, be nice to all nice people :)

On Sun, 9 Jun 1996, Jonathan M. Bresler wrote:

> Wilko Bulte wrote:
> >
> > As Jonathan M. Bresler wrote...

> > > 	i have collected a number of papers describing LFS for my
> > > 	own edification.  i can mail them out or put them up for
> > > 	ftp.  anyone interested?
> >
> > And what about putting them somewhere on the release CDs? I suppose there
> > is some space to put 'm?
>
> 	i dont know if that is legal.  some of the papers are from the
> 	various usenix conferences.  others were published in other
> 	magazines, etc.....i fear that we would have to contact all
> 	the authors for permission.

I have a strange feeling that in most cases contacting the magazine first
may be sufficent. And they should be able to say if you have to ask the
permisssion of the author (in some cases, there is a notice on the bottom
of the first page saying that for making copies you have to...).

	Sander