Date:      Thu, 1 Jul 1999 13:34:32 -0500 (EST)
From:      Steve Ames <steve@cioe.com>
To:        mjacob@feral.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Lizard...

True... But such a configuration doesn't preclude the use of a more
detailed listing on vty1 the way we do it now. With our current installation
setup its similar to this already. Its text based and some of the
menus are not exactly intuitive (No... I don't have a better suggestion
just yet). If something goes wrong you don't really know what unless you
look at the second vty (ALT-F2) and then (maybe) there is some good info
there.

I've had a lot of installs go awry with little information to explain
to me what went wrong. Like you, I'd prefer a very primitive interface
if it gave me lots more diagnostics. Joe Average, on the other hand,
likes a spiffy, clean interface. We try to accomodate both types by
having a simplistic install and then some detail output on a seperate
VTY. This could still be done with an even spiffier graphical installation
on the first VTY.

Wonder if it utilizes the VGALIB? (Lizard that is)