Date:      Tue, 9 Oct 2001 10:26:16 +0800 (CST)
From:      "Charlie C.L. King" <clking@mb2.mgt.ncu.edu.tw>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   any idea on udp port 8? (fwd)

Hello, everybody:
	I'm a newbie adm. in bsd and managing my own box. Does any one
have any idea what service runs on udp port 8? I'm currently running
portsentry on my freebsd box, and recently got lots of attack alerts
on udp port 8; it goes like this:

Oct  7 16:09:17 ncumis portsentry[6306]: attackalert: Connect from host:
hostname/ip_address to UDP port: 8
Oct  5 17:45:57 ncumis portsentry[6306]: attackalert: Connect from host:
hostname/ip_address to UDP port: 8

	I've tried to look into the /etc/services file under red-hat
linux and my freebsd, neither of which is it recorded. Thus still i've got
no idea about what this means.
	Any response or suggestion would be appreciated.

--
With regards
Lord Ouch